Sunday, March 16, 2014

Wolfram Alpha

Wolfram Alpha is a computational knowledge engine. I find this tool to be very helpful, particularly in mathematics. You can type in a problem and it will solve it for you. The great thing about it is that it gives you step by step solutions for those answers. It helps you learn the process. You then can go back and do a similar problem using the steps they gave you to check your understanding. I really enjoy using this website. I even have their app! It helps me a lot with my Calculus homework if I get stuck. This could be a great tool for my future students. It could help them understand the problems. Even if they did not necessarily understand the lecture. Wolfram Alpha can also show them different ways to approach a problem. This is helpful because not everyone learns the same way. What make sense to one person might not make as much sense to another.

1 comment:

  1. There are many uses for Wolfram Alpha in the classroom. Helping to solve math problems is just one of the few tools that it provides.

    ReplyDelete