Sunday, January 19, 2014

What About EDM310?

What about EDM 310?
I honestly do not know what to think about EDM310. I know that I have heard that it is time consuming and will take effort. I know that I have also heard that if you put in the effort required and turn assignments in on time, then you will be successful. I know that I fear that my time management skills will not be adequate enough for this class. Beyond the statements above I am not sure what to think about EDM 310.

In comparison to other classes I have taken in college, EDM 310 seems to be more welcoming of creativity and more individual based learning. When I took Marine Biology a few semesters ago there was no room for creativity. Everything you needed to know, you learned in class. The slides that were displayed on the screen were meant to be copied and memorized. EDM 310 displays itself with a more practical use. I feel like what I learn in this class will be helpful later on in my career, because I will have learned how to do it on my own. Memorizing can often be short term rather than learning concepts that can be of importance later.

To clarify my statement in the first paragraph, my biggest fear in relation to this class is my time management skills. Lets be honest, nine hours a week is a lot of time to devote to one class. Not to say that EDM 310 does not deserve that much attention. I am just identifying the fact that it is going to be difficult to apply the time needed. Is it possible? Yes. Is it going to be a challenge? Also yes. I do plan to approach this problem with a positive outlook. I will set time out of my week to solely focus on EDM 310 and nothing else. I will also remind myself daily of when projects are due. Both of those actions will ensure I apply the appropriate amount of time to the class and that everything will be submitted in a timely manner.


What about EDM 310? I am still not sure on what to expect, but I am prepared to put forth the effort needed to succeed in this course.

3 comments:

  1. "In comparison to other classes I have taken in college, EDM 310 seems to be more welcoming of creativity and more individual based learning." Yes, In EDM 310 we encourage creativity and encourage the individual to learn by doing. As Dr. Strange would say, EDM does not participate in the burp back education that you were referring to in your Marine Biology class.

    "EDM 310 displays itself with a more practical use. I feel like what I learn in this class will be helpful later on in my career, because I will have learned how to do it on my own." The more you put into the course, the more you will get out of it and learn. You will discover tools that you never realized were available to use in the classroom.

    " I will set time out of my week to solely focus on EDM 310 and nothing else." You are off to a great start if you are setting aside time for EDM. This will help in preventing procrastinating.

    Welcome to EDM 310!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What about EDM 310? I am still not sure on what to expect, but I am prepared to put forth the effort needed to succeed in this course." Wonderful.

    I join Lindsey in her comment above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right there with you when it comes to time management, I have problems planning out when assignments are due and when to begin doing them. I am a professional procrastinator, always waiting until the last minute to do things. I have quickly learned that procrastination is not going to work in this class. Schedules and planners are a necessity. I like your idea of a daily reminder of when projects are due. I may start setting a reminder on my phone or post sticky notes throughout my room to remind me. That is a very helpful idea, thank you! And good luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete