Friday, February 14, 2014

Conversations with Anthony Capps.

What do you learn from these conversations with Anthony Capps?

1. Project Based Learning Part 1: Experiences of a 3rd Grade Teacher (10:03)
2. Project Based Learning Part 2: Experiences of a 3rd Grade Teacher (13:45)
3. iCurio (8:08)
4. Discovery Education (4:33)
5. The Anthony - Strange list of Tips for Teachers Part 1 (12:59)
6. Don't Teach Tech - Use It (8:49)
7. Additional Thought About Lessons (3:25)

After watching these videos, I think I have a better understanding of what I need to be prepared for as a teacher. I discovered that teaching is a continuous learning process. My day won't end when I leave my classroom. I will forever be uncovering new ways to keep my students engaged. That's my job. My goal is to hold 100% of my students attention a 100% of the time. I learned that there are many different programs to help me do just that whether it's iCurio, discovery education, or something else. I need to make myself familiar with these technology aids. Although like Mr. Capps said, "Don't teach tech-use it". I need to find ways to incorporate technology into my lessons without taking time out to particularly teach it. I learned that I need to be flexible. If something doesn't go the way I planned, I need to be able to make modifications accordingly. The students may take longer than expected to grasp the concept or unexpected events may put a damper on our time; you never know! To receive advice from a teacher, who is still very new to teaching, is an opportunity I will always be thankful for.

2 comments:

  1. What jumps out at me the most is that you recognized that Mr. Capps is a new teacher. I also picked up on this, and in my post I pointed out that he has embraced technology head on. I am a little afraid of the new technology, but I am younger than Anthony, I also have probably had more exposure to the new tech growing up than him. My point is why should I be afraid of it when he is not? What about you? does it make you nervous? Great job on the summary! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After watching all the videos, there should have been a lot more to say about PBL, Discover Ed, iCurio, and incorporating technology.

    ReplyDelete